Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Almost done...

Remember that one time when I said I was doing all of these awesome projects that I couldn't wait to share?  Well, I am still working on them.  Who would have known that we would have freakishly cold weather in Florida to prevent me from painting and staining furniture for more than like 30 minutes at a time?  Geez...  I do have an update though.  We have the last coat of stain on the dresser, it finally made it to the right 'espresso' color I was going for, now it just needs a coat or two of polyurethance and it will be ready for the new knobs. I can't wait!  I also painted my little fake vanity table.  It's really a sofa table, but we don't have a whole lot of space, so it was just the right size for where we needed it.  And we hung the mirror on the wall to go with it.  The chair is painted, the cushions just need to be recovered and it will be finished! 

John has helped a TON with painting and said he wouldn't mind painting some nightstands if I could find two that I liked.  So I will be visiting some thrift stores in the next few days to hopefully get some good finds.

I know I got a little carried away with everything, and there are a few more projects I really want to do.  And after issues with the weather, I thought this was going to be a collosal mistake.  But it wasn't.  And I'm super pumped to show everyone how it turned out!

Let's keep our fingers crossed for pictures next week :D

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I cannot wait to see the finished results! What the heck is up with Flo-rida weather?! Strange...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for pictures! I want to redo a vanity area that I have in my apartment...I just don't have it quite right yet.

    I'm sure your stuff will be amazing.

    x, ash

    ReplyDelete