Monday, January 25, 2010

Trying something new...

So the staining weekend wasn't a success.  But, not because I am lame and couldn't do it, we had yucky weather with ridiculously high humidity which is not optimal staining and painting conditions.  We did, however get a dresser and four chairs (for the dining room) stripped and sanded down.  I also took a can of blue spray paint to some black and brown sconces I bought at the Salvation Army for 3 bucks and I am pretty pumped about the outcome.  No pictures yet, but I will post some soon. 

Even though we didn't get everything done this weekend that we were hoping to, I still have a great feeling about it.  You know why?  Because now I know I can do it.  I was terrified of totally messing it all up and my projects being a total fail, almost to the point where I didn't want to try it at all.  But I did, and now I know I can do it.  How silly are we sometimes that we talk ourselves out of accomplishing something because we are afraid?  What does it hurt to try?  Nothing. We might feel a little lame at first, but we shouldn't because if you don't give something a shot, you may never know how awesome you are at it.

So I say, go out there and try something new.  You could be missing out on something amazing :)

6 comments:

  1. I am the queen of the "I-don't-wanna-try-'cause-I'm-sure-I'd-fail" mentality. You've totally inspired me to just give things a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talk myself out of things all the time. I need to stop that! Can't wait to see your pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well put! I look forward to seeing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to do the same thing! Then I stopped trying and just DO IT! woohoo! It's so empowering! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I am glad you got super cute blue sconces! I cannot wait to see pictures.

    Here is hoping your sicknast humidity goes away and you can finish up your projects.

    I am all for trying. There really is no harm in it.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when you accomplish something you've been wanting to get done! It's kinda motivating.. ya know.

    ReplyDelete