Monday, November 9, 2009

Blog awards :)

YAY for blog awards!  Alexandria over at Always Alexandria surprised me with my very first blog award.  I'm pumped!  She is a pretty much amazing, stylish and crafty and I love reading her blog.  Go check it out!!



The Honest Scrap Award comes with a few rules…I have to divulge 10 honest things about myself. Then I have to pass the award on to 7 bloggers that I adore...and who I believe will be 100% truthful! So here are  ten honest to goodness tidbits about Lauren...

1.  I looove to dress up.  Nothing fancy, but to look cute and put together.  However, I HATE when people make a big deal out of it.  It makes me all awkward and self conscious.  A simple, "Nice outfit" or "You look cute today" will suffice.  No gushing over what I'm wearing required.  As a result, I find myself not dressing up around certain people because it bothers me so much.  Weird... I know.

2.  I am obsession with this man....



3.  I can't stand people who think that everyone should love their child or animal just because they do, even when they are awful or annoying.  I happen to be one of those people.  Seriously, who couldn't love this face??



4.  I have a new found love for all things vintage.  But the stores where you can score these awesome finds give me the creeps big time, like so much I have had bad dreams about the weird stuff you find in antique and thrift stores.  This is why I love Etsy so much :)

5.  Black Friday is one of my favorite days of the year.  Yes, I am that person that wakes up at 3 in the morning with an intricate plan and stays out ALL day shopping. 

6.  I am deeply submerged in the vampire hype that is sweeping the nation.  It's like I can't get enough.

7.  I want to punch people in the face that tell me I can't be an Alabama fan because I didn't go to school there.  Guess what, you are lame. 

8.  I have a really good job and I work with great people.  I just don't want to work.... Does that make me the laziest person ever?  I don't think so, it's not like if I didn't work I wouldn't do anything.

9.  I don't like to wear pants.  Pants/capris/shorts are lame.  I would much rather wear a dress or a skirt every day then have to wear pants.  Pants are no fun.

10.  I ate these several times a week in college.  And I still love them.  I don't care how bad they are for me, they rock. 


As lame as I feel admitting this, I feel like I should... Still being pretty new to the blogging world, I don't know 7 bloggers to award this with (that won't think I'm some crazy blog creeper that they have never heard of) so instead of 7 bloggers, I have chosen 3.  Baby blog steps...

V from "Living in Your Letters"

Kearsie from "Sounds like Tomatoes"

Noelle from "Means of Escape"

These girls rock, you should go check out their blogs!  Thanks again to Alexandria for winning at life and giving me my very first blog award!

ps- now that we are being honest and everything, if I had a button would you put it on your blog???

4 comments:

  1. You crack me up!

    I super love McDreamy. He is going on my next hottness monster list!

    Black Friday is evil.

    I would totally put your button on my blog. For real. Why? Because you win at life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I've been loving your blog :) I've just never commented b/c I didn't have an account, but I started my own blog yesterday! And I would definitely put your button on it :)

    ReplyDelete