Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thin Girl Thursday {8}

Whew, what a crazy week or so it has been! I have been majorly slacking on the blog lately, my apologies.

Even though the title of these posts make it seem like I'm focusing on being thin, that isn't actually the case. I want to be healthy.  I want to live a long, healthy life with my soon to be husband and our kids and grandkids one day, so I'm starting now.  Long story short, I got sick had blood work and I learned a lot about cholesterol this week.  Without boring you all to tears, I will say my "good" cholesterol is too low.  Wow, who would have known your cholesterol could be too low?  Anyway, my doctor suggested I exercise.  So starting today I am getting serious about exercise.  I started with changing my diet and including vitamins into my everyday routine and now I'm going to balance it all out with some exercise.  I have recently started going to a Zumba class, so fun, and tonight I attended Butt and Guts.  I am already regretting this decision and I am sure that my legs hate me.

I don't want to get bored working out, so I would love to hear your favorite ways to work out! Let's all stay motivated to be healthier and happier!

1 comment:

  1. I've helped my "good" cholesterol to raise up by eating an avocado each day, and also adding flax seeds to my morning cereal! :)

    I work out an hour a day 6 days a week. I'd rather be a bum, but that doesn't work for me, haha! I get up early and run for 20-25 minutes in my neighborhood, then I do a 40 minute "Biggest Loser" DVD. It's pretty good once it's over! ;)

    ReplyDelete