Thursday, February 18, 2010

Prepare to be dazzled...

Sometimes I try to make things a surprise. And most times I fail horribly because I immediately want to tell everyone. Which is basically what happened with my latest news....

I got engaged last night! Woohoo! I am so excited and ridiculously giddy I can't even begin to describe. Many have requested the story, so here it is.

John and I are really laid back people. The to the point, plain and simple kind. Which suits both of us fabulously. Last night we rode out to my mom and dad's house and had dinner. Did some visiting with the sweetest nephew ever and ate some yummy food. John and dad were talking outside by the grill having a few beverages, and my sister, Natalie, immediately knew something was up. She started asking me a million questions about John and I getting married and I told her it was going to happen I just wasn't 100% sure when. Well, we ate dinner and went home. Pretty much as soon as we walked in the door John took my hands and got down on one knee and proposed. And I squeed, um a lot haha. It was so sweet and so us. I of course immediately had to get on the phone and spread the good news. I have also pranced up and down the hall at work to make sure everyone has seen my newly acquired bling. Which is freaking gorgeous if I do say so myself!!

I promise a better picture. So I had a photo shoot with my ring and couldn't get anything that really got my ring and didn't make my hand look totally awkward.  It might not be a better picture...


Can I say that it made me day for all of my ibffs to be so excited for me? Because it totally did! Love you all big time!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats girl!!! I'm so happy and totally excited for you! Hooooray!

    P.S That.is.a.gorgeous.ring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, I'm thrilled for you! I just did another little happy dance in my seat just reading this. Love you (and your beautiful ring)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have discussed how happy I am for you! But let me just say it again..CONGRATS! I am so excited for you and John! I sense an epic #dirrrtymagic bridal shower thrown by Ash and myself!

    Hi. I love your bling. Get. It. Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, so exciting!!!! That ring is lovely. And I'm loving the simplicity of the proposal. so my style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayyyyyy! I'm so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! This is super exciting news! A little bird may or may not have already told me before it was announced. Love the ring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!! Congratulations!!! I'm very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummmmm yeah, you know I'm stoked! AND you know we will be drinking bubbly to celebrate! AND Alex and I will throw you a fab shower. For real.

    Such a pretty ring!!!!

    x, ash

    ReplyDelete
  9. In case you forgot how excited I am, let me tell you again! SOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU! What an awesome proposal and a gorgeous ring!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATULATIONS! This is awesome!
    And your ring is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete