Thursday, June 2, 2011

Latest California Adventure

 I recently went to the wonderful state of California to attend training for work.  How awesome is that?  It was pretty darn awesome.  I didn't get to do a whole lot, I was there for work you know, but I did get to squeeze in a few things that I'm going to share with you.

OMG. First visit to In-N-Out. It was freaking awesome. I am pretty sure I won't ever be able to visit the state of CA without having some of this goodness.




I also made a quick drive down the Pacific Coast Highway.  I'm so glad I did this.  I was a little scared of driving it by myself, but it wasn't bad at all.  And it was beautiful.  Seriously, you can't see this and not be in awe of how amazing it is.    


 I only snagged a few pictures because I had a wave of anxiety standing on the side of a cliff by myself.  Yes, I am completely neurotic at times.


 Of course I needed a self-portrait so you knew I was really there and not just stealing these pictures from the internet.


I also went to Cafe Rio after hearing all kinds of great things about it.  It sucked.  That's all I have to say about that.


 This was as brave as I could get to getting close to a Rodeo Drive street sign.  It was already painfully obvious that I wasn't from around those parts, so I didn't feel the need to draw any more attention to myself.


 I also had my first Sprinkles experience.  I'm not going to lie, I KNEW I was going to be disappointed.  All of the hype could only mean that my expectations were going to be ridiculous. 


While my expectations were absolutely ridiculous, Sprinkles lived up to it.  Best cupcakes I've EVER had!  I had to get a four pack -  red velvet, salted caramel, black and white, and dark chocolate banana.  I ate all of them and they were all fabulous.  Let's just say I'm glad there isn't a Sprinkles near by because I would eat my weight in cupcakes on a regular basis.

Overall, I had a wonderful trip.  I got in some awesome training that I'm hoping will really help me professionally and I got to have froyo in Malibu.  Cali FTMFW!

2 comments:

  1. Awe whooo!! Sounds like loads of funtimes. I haven't had a sprinkles cupcake yet... even though there is one in Scottsdale... I'm just too lazy to drive to that part of town haha I had in and out once, but I didn't care for it :-/ I want to go to the beach in cali though.. my sons would looove it (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh how fun! I've never had In n' Out and I'm sad. I feel I need it in my life!

    As for Sprinkles cupcakes, so yummy. I thought they were the best cupcakes in the world. Until I tried Georgetown Cupcakes in DC. They win. Hands down. They just put a Sprinkles in DC so I'm suggesting (read: forcing) Vito and I to go down and do a side by side comparison just to make sure!

    How I miss Cali. <3

    ReplyDelete