Monday, May 9, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? {6}

Happy Monday! Here is installment 6 of It's Monday, What Are You Reading?  Inspiration from Sheila, you can find her blog here.


It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

Just Finished Reading: I finished The Name of the Wind  by Patrick Rothfuss and it was awesome.  For real.  This is book was out of the norm for what I usually read and I am so glad I gave it a shot.

I HAD to pick up Divergent by Veronica Roth.  I am pretty leery of the dystopian young adult novels that are crazy hyped up.  (For example, Matched didn't really live up to what it was cracked up to be and I am still a little bummed).  Not the case with this one.  It was amazing!  I absolutely couldn't put this down and stayed up all night reading.  Lots of action, a unique storyline and characters you can't help love or hate.  It's being compared to The Hunger Games, I of course do not believe it is "as great" as it has been said in reviews.  However, this is Veronica Roth's debut novel at the old age of 22.  Yeah, I have big hopes for her and I am sure the next in the series is only going to get better!  Seriously, you must read this one! 

What I Am Reading Right Now: I preordered Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris and am easing into it. (I'm working on a certification so I'm trying to focus on it and not so much on reading).  I had some Borders Bucks and ended up getting this book for a whopping $3.45.  A bright, shiny, new hardback book to add to my selection for a steal.  That always makes me excited.

What's Up Next: Next Monday I'm heading back to the west coast, so that means some serious quality reading time on the plane.  I have so many books in my possession that I want to read so this is really difficult for me to decide. I'm probably going to pick up The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss, the sequel to TNOTW.  It's over 1,000 pages, so I'm sure it will take me some time to get through.

I'm always up for new book recommendations, so let me know what you are reading!  Hope you have a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment