Monday, April 18, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? {4}

Happy Monday! Here is week 4 of It's Monday, What Are You Reading? I missed last week, so this might be a long one.  Inspiration from Sheila, you can find her blog here.


It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

Just Finished Reading: I'm having to think back!  I finished Shadowfever and was pleased.  It was considerably longer than the other books in the series, but I did not mind at all!  I would rather a book that I really like to have more rather than less.  It was a great ending to the series.  If you are a Sookie Stackhouse fan, you should definitely check this series out!

I also read City of Fallen Angels.  I hate to say it, but I was disappointed.  It was ok, but that's about as much as I can say about it.  It was actually a little difficult for me to get through, which is totally opposite from the others that I couldn't put down.  I'm still excited for the next Infernal Devices book to come out, but my love for The Mortal Instruments took a big hit.  I guess we'll just have to wait over a year to see if the next in the series can redeem it.

I picked up Stolen: A letter to my captor by Lucy Christopher based on the recommendation of some ladies on the Nest Book Club.  Awesome book!  If you haven't read it and you are a YA reader, you should.  I'm still thinking about it over a week after I finished.

I read the next book, Numbers by Rachel Ward, because I won the sequal, Chaos, in a giveaway from this book review blog.  The jury is still out for this one.  The idea was interesting and the book was good, I just can't quite put my finger on how I feel about it.  Maybe once I have time to let it sink in a little more I can give better info.  I can say that I will definitely read Chaos and I'm pretty interested in the 3rd book in the series as well.
What I Am Reading Right Now: I'm finally getting around to The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.  So far it's pretty good.  Not a quick read by any means, but I'm really enjoying it.  I just got Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma.  I'm really enjoying it so far, I have heard that it's absolutely heart-wrenching though.  I haven't read one of those in a while, so  I'm due for a good book cry.

What's Up Next: I really want to read Water for Elephants before the movie comes out.  I've been putting it off and have no clue why.  I downloaded it on my Nook, so hopefully I can pick that one up next!

So, what are you reading???

1 comment:

  1. These blog post always make me so jealous! I did actually download the latest Black Daggar Brotherhood book and only have about 100 pages left. So I'm hoping in between my spring and summer semesters to fit in a few books!

    xx

    ReplyDelete