Monday, April 25, 2011

More olives...

No book post today.  After almost four months of reading non-stop I don't think I read more than 10 pages last week.  Life gets a little crazy sometimes.  So instead I'm going to share a story. 

It may not come as a surprise to anyone that I love olives.  Give me a dirty martini with extra olives and you have a happy Lauren.  Well, John and I went to Napa for our honeymoon which was completely amazing.  I can't wait to go back.  Little did I know, not only were there many, many grapes in Napa there is also an abundance of olives.  Heck yes.  On the way to a winery, John and I stopped at Oakville Grocery, awesome place for snacks and the perfect picnic between wine tasting.  Much to my surprise we found this little gem.

Yeah, I doubt you can tell what it is. 
There happened to be an olive bush/tree whatever it is right in front of our parking spot. 
John proceeds to say "I dare you to eat one of those olives."
Of course I responded with "You clearly don't know your wife very well if you think you must dare me to eat an olive."
So John hops out of the car, procures two olives and as you can see I was pretty pumped. 
The following pictures pretty much speak for themselves...




That was the nastiest not-olive I have ever tasted.  No freaking lie.  I am pretty sure I accused John of trying to poison me on our honeymoon.... I think from now on I'll stick to the olives in my martinis and bloody marys.

Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment